Healing of nearly anything – cuts, bites, rashes, skin irritations, itchiness, the list goes on and on. Coconut oil is by far my most favorite ingredient in many things! The list is endless as to what it can be used for. I decided to compile a list of MY TOP 50 + FAVORITE ways to use coconut oil here. I’m sure I’ll continue adding to the list as time goes on. (Seeing as this started as a list of 20 things)
- Face / skin Moisturizer – You can’t beat this chemical free alternative, which works 100% better anyhow!
- Acne Healer. (I like to mix some with a few drops of lavender & tea tree essential oils)
- Wrinkle / age spot / imperfection healer. – Also reduces aging.
- Makeup Remover – no need to pre-rinse. Just massage some on and gently wipe off with a warm cloth.
- Makeup brush cleaner. – massage some into your brushes and wipe off with a warm cloth.
- Hair Healer. Heals Dry, split ends & removes the frizzies. (can leave in overnight for an intense hair mask. You may want to wear a shower cap or wrap your head in a towel to avoid getting it all over your pillow.)
- Oil pulling – Improve oral health, heal mouth problems & more. To pull toxins from your system- swish 1tbs of oil around in your mouth for about 15 minutes. Be sure NOT to swallow, the oil now contains all the yucky toxins from your mouth. Spit and rinse thoroughly.
- Oil Brushing. – a new favorite thing I’ve been doing.
- Tooth paste – Mix with baking soda for an all natural / fluoride free whitening toothpaste.
- A spoon full or 2 a day to help heal internally & gives a boost of energy.
- Added to drinks such as coffee, tea, shakes, etc.for extra healing benefits.
- Beneficial in almost every natural remedy. (Added to almost all of my all natural herbal recipes & remedies.)
- To heal or prevent stretch marks. You can wrap a warm towel around the area for extra healing.
- To heal scars. (yes, even old ones. Add in some calendula for an extra boost)
- On eyelashes to help them grow longer and stronger.
- On cuticles to help nails grow longer and stronger.
- Rubbed into the scalp with a mix of peppermint, lavender and tea tree to promote growth.
- A safe replacement to baby oil.
- Extra beneficial when combined with calendula infused oil for extra healing. (of everything)
- A natural (spf 4) Sun screen. Helps tan and lessons the chance of burning.
- Sun burn healer. It will lesson the pain, reduce the redness and minimize peeling. (also great mixed with aloe)
- Great for removing dandruff or cradle cap. (massage into scalp for a few minutes and use a warm cloth to gently wipe off, you can also leave it to soak in for a while.)
- It’s antibacterial and anti-fungal properties are great for any infections or other issues.
- For pets suffering skin issues. You can mix into their food, or rub directly on affected areas. (Calendula mixed in works well also)
- Great for Blackheads & Other face issues! Can be used in a healing face steam. Apply oil to face and allow it to soak in for a few minutes. Steam off with a warm face cloth, just patting lightly.
- Speeds Metabolism when ingested daily. Can help aid in weight loss.
- Gentle enough for healing baby and pets – strong enough to heal a burly mountain man! 😉
- All natural lip moisturizer. Perfect for dry, cracked lips.
- Add some to your bath with some Epsom salts & allow your body to soak up it’s nourishing moisture.
- Excellent in Exfoliating Sugar Scrubs (for lips too!)
- Mixed with Coffee infused oil makes for a great ‘tired eyes cream‘.
- Mixed with coffee infused oil for a cellulite & stretch mark scrub.
- To relieve blisters.
- Mixed with clove oil for instant tooth pain relief.
- A natural Beard Oil.
- Used as a gentle way to dilute oils (especially for children)
- Provides Headache Relief and extra soothing when applied with peppermint and lavender oils.
- Makes for a healthy alternative oil to cook with.
- Excellent for baby bums – especially when mixed with calendula BUT still very beneficial alone.
- An all over moisturizer.
- Mixed with Vitamin e oil (or used on it’s own) to heal tattoos.
- Face masks, Hair Masks, even feet masks /hand masks.
- For dry cracked heels, slather it on your feet, put on some socks and leave on overnight.
- To kill yeast and fungus.
- Sooths severe skin conditions such as eczema & psoriasis
- Mixed with calendula to heal cold sores (will work effectively on it’s own as well)
- Healing shaving bumps.
- A natural shaving cream
- As a natural goo-be-gone.
- To remove gum and other things in hair or carpets.
- To polish furniture (test small area first)
- As a natural deodorant. (I’m working on an updated recipe)
For an excellent & extensive list (101 Uses!) Check out Katie – Wellness Mama’s post HERE
|Coconut photo by:
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs for all of your herbal needs.
HERE YOU CAN PURCHASE:
You can also check out my post HERE to learn more about the different types of carrier oils.
Thanks for the read & Happy Healing! ~
What do you use coconut oil for?
I’d love for you to share with me in the comments below! – Let’s make this list massive! ~ ❤