Here is a great all natural way to fill your home with a luxurious aroma, whilst adding a beautiful looking touch to your decor or table’s centerpiece. This method can be used to replace scented wax tarts for a fraction of the cost. So many different scent options are already waiting for you in your kitchen.
I actually use a fondu pot with a tea light underneath to enjoy these scents, ( If you don’t already have one, you can probably find one pretty cheap at a local second hand shop) You can also put the mixtures in a pan and on your stove and let it simmer on low heat there or use a wax burner if the bowl is deep enough. (although I would recommend the fondu pot)
What you’ll need to get started:
- A burner of sorts (fondu pot, wax burner, tea light candles, or a pan on the stove)
- water as the base
- fruit, herbs, extracts or oils
There are so many scent options. I’d love to hear what you mix and match to make your favorite scents.
A few of my favorites are:
- Half a sliced up orange (or as much of the orange that will fit in what you’re using )
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract or a few drops of Vanilla Essential Oil
- Chocolate Mint Leaves
- 1tsp of Peppermint Extract or a few drops of Peppermint Oil
Some things you could try:
- Extracts – Peppermint, Vanilla, Almond, Coconut, Maple
- Your favorite Essential Oils
- Pine Needles
- Cedar twigs
- Bay Leaves
- Lavender Buds
- Star Anise
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Mint Leaf
- Sprigs of Rosemary
- Limes, Lemons, Oranges, Apples,
- Possibly even your favorite tea bags (Chai, Earl Grey etc)
Options are pretty limitless.
Once you’ve chosen your scent items, fill your burner with water and add in herbs, spices, extracts or oils, light your candle and enjoy the aroma.
Once you’re done burning, you can add the mixture to a jar and store in the refrigerator for up to a week or so, to be reused. These could also make a cute gift idea.
Mountain Rose Herbs has a wonderful supply of herbs and oils perfect for this project.
Have you tried this? What is your favourite mix?
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs & Starwest Botanicals for all of your herbal healing needs! For my Canadian Friends, you can purchase your oils at Harmonious Mind. You can purchase any extra supplies over at Amazon.ca. Images Edited using PicMonkey. Some of the links here are affiliate sites, meaning if you make a purchase using my link, I earn a small commission! Thank You for supporting The Herbal Healing Mama. & Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.