Make Your Own ~ Coffee “Tired Eyes” Cream.

The Caffeine in Coffee is known to reduce puffy eyes and under eye dark circles. This recipe also calls for Coconut oil, and calendula which will reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Calendula is so amazing at healing old skin issues, scars, wrinkles, acne, dark spots. The list is endless. We use it for everything in our house. Especially for our faces, so I thought it was the perfect thing to add to this eye serum!

You can infuse your own coffee oil to make this salve. I’ve got some info on infusing your own oils HERE. I used fresh ground coffee to make my oil. It’s best to use Organic Fair Trade Coffee if possible.

Update: I had previously written that you can first brew the coffee, however I should have specified that it is not recommended to use wet grounds to make your oil because any moisture can lead to mold & bacteria growth. If you do used previously brewed grinds, please be sure to first dry them out. You can do this from spreading them out flat on some paper towels on a baking tray. I would recommend using freshly ground, un-brewed as this will be the strongest mix giving fastest results.

What You’ll Need:

Equal Parts

(I used 1/3 cup of each)

• 1tsp of Shea Butter or Jojoba Oil (Optional)
  • 1tsp Vitamin E Oil (Optional)
  • Double Boiler or Melting Pot (some people like to use a crock pot set aside just for home made projects. I personally prefer to use a pot on the stove. I have a couple different sizes kept aside just for this purpose)
  • Storage Container with an airtight lid

You could also use a few drops of your favorite essential oil to scent. I put one drop of peppermint in mine and it smells much nicer than just the coffee alone. Vanilla or something light and gentle would also be really nice. *Be sure to not add more than a drop as you don’t want anything too strong too close to your eyes. If you can handle the heavy coffee smell, I’d recommend leaving it plain.

To Make

It’s helpful to have everything pre-measured & ready to go before you begin.

On Medium Heat:

• Start by melting Beeswax in your melting pot or double boiler first, depending on the density and whether or not it’s shaved or chunks will depend how long this will take. Try to resist the urge to turn the oven up. You don’t want this to boil.

•Next, remove from heat and immediately stir in Vitamin E, Coconut Oil, Coffee Oil & lastly Shea butter (while the mix is still hot).

•Stir well, and pour into your storage container of choice. Here are some cute options.

•Allow to cool or pop into the fridge to speed the process & enjoy! (I find it’s most refreshing when kept in the refrigerator. It will also keep longer kept in the fridge. )

This actually works wonderfully on stretchmarks as well. You can check out our posts on Exfoliating Coffee Cubes, and Oatmeal & Coffee Scrub for more coffee infused remedies.

Happy Healing ~ ❤

Calendula Coffee Cream for Tired Eyes

The Herbal Healing Mama

If you’re using these as gifts, (or for yourself) feel free to print out and use one of the labels below. You can also check out the post on creating labels to make your own. ❤

HHM TIRED EYES CREAM LABEL HHM TIRED EYES LABEL

This is the Herbal Healing Mama’s most popular post! THANK YOU! It’s been viewed 29,886 times as of October 9th 2015! WOW! I figured it was due for an update. I should probably work on taking some better photos as well. ^_^

I had these up for purchase on Etsy but I’m taking a bit of a parental leave at the moment. I will let you all know if and when I relaunch. In the meantime, you can still support The Herbal Healing Mama by purchasing through any links or visiting the shops under the affiliates tab! When you make a purchase, I earn a small commission. Thank you!

Let me know if you’ve made a similar cream, or if you try this one. Did you add in different essential oils to scent? How do you like it?

I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs & Starwest Botanicals for all of your herbal healing needs! For my Canadian Friends, you can purchase your oils at Harmonious Mind. You can purchase any extra supplies over at Amazon.ca. Images Edited using PicMonkey. Some of the links here are affiliate sites, meaning if you make a purchase using my link, I earn a small commission! Thank You for supporting The Herbal Healing Mama. & Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.
Advertisements

33 thoughts on “Make Your Own ~ Coffee “Tired Eyes” Cream.

1. Amie says:

Hi Briar-Rose! I stumbled on this website and love it! However, I tried making this coffee tired eyes cream and it is not creamy at all. Could I have done something wrong while making it?

Liked by 1 person

• Briar-Rose says:

It could be the amount of beeswax? The more beeswax the harder it’ll be. So you could try melting it back down and adding more butter or oil to it. You could also chill it and then whip it with a mixer. That will keep it nice and fluffy. 🙂 hope that helps.

2. DavetteB says:

I just used my coffee infused oil in a rollerball bottle; less work with my health challenges and works great.
    I will have to try adding some of the calendula infused oil to it for next time. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• DavetteB says:

Sorry! I just discovered this question.
        I used half meadowfoam and half safflower oil (just because the meadowfoam is a bit pricey, you can do it all with that; it absorbs quickly and isn’t greasy). About 2-3 tbsp. ground coffee WITH caffeine, in the bottom of a 6 oz. babyfood jar; let it set in the cupboard 4 weeks or heat in a double boiler for a few hours, then strain. I’ve read some sources that say the lighter roasts have more caffeine, I just used what was in the house.
        After you strain it you will have enough for several 10ml rollers or fill one and put the rest of the oil in a flip-top PETE bottle or reuse the glass jar and refill as needed. I just draw a line of oil along my lower eye along the bone, then rub in gently with my ring finger. I’ve also started using this to prevent the “11” lines between the eyebrows and the “parentheses” around the mouth. 🙂 Hope this helps

3. imtheasian1 says:

I’m allergic to coconut oil (as well as almond and any other tree nut). Is there anything I can use as a sub? Thanks!

• The Herbal Healing Mama - Briar-Rose says:

Hi there! I’m sorry to hear! Any mixture of oils that you’re okay with, and butters would work, the consistency would just be a little different so you could play around with what works. The problem is things like shea butter, cocoa butter, jojoba oil, avocado oil etc. are still a form of tree nut, so this could be a difficult task for you to find something. We have a post on Choosing your Carrier Oil – it outlines a few different oils and what they are best at.

Are you okay with beeswax? I think the easiest solution may be to make your coffee oil in whatever works for you and do 2 parts oil to 1 part beeswax. It will still solidify because of the beeswax. There are other variations of wax as well. (Carnauba wax)

I hope you are able to find something & I hope this helps. 🙂

• The Herbal Healing Mama says:

Thanks so much sweets! Let me know how it goes. I’ve been adding in some calendula oil to tackle those crows feet while I’m at it! ^_^ It makes for a softer base and seems to be much more nourishing. I may update the recipe to include it. ❤

4. red says:

Just a small suggestion, its always best to add your Shea with your beeswax, as the longer you heat it the lest chance yoy have of it becoming ‘grainy’ also its best to add your vitamin e after you have added your essential oils ( once cooled, but not too cool that it starts to solidify) you want the vitamin e added at the end so you don’t lose any of its properties if your using it to extend the life of your product,or if your just adding it for its skin benefits

Liked by 1 person

• Briar-Rose says:

Weird! I always find if I put it in with the beeswax it ends up grainy. They are just soft beads that melt on contact though, nothing too bothersome. I need to do some experimenting! ❤

• Victoria says:

If you want to prevent grainy texture olthat shear butter forms over time, you have to put still liquid mixture into the fridge until solid. Then texture will be smooth. I’ve done it with success. Or if you want fluffy texture you can whip it with your mixer after it was in the fridge for 15 min. Good luck

• Angel M Haskins says:

Shea and coco butter will be grain unless u heat til melting point and keep at that temp for 20 min it eliminates the graininess