This is by far my favorite way to quickly deodorize a room! Free of chemical components like what you would purchase at the store, plus – It’s SO much cheaper! Green Febreze if you will, and you can decide on any scent you’d like by which essential oils you choose to use!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Distilled Water
- 1-2 tbs Baking Soda
- 1 tbs Essential Oils of Choice. (I should really put a post together about my favorite blends) I used Nag Champa & Vanilla in this one.
- Spray Bottle ( I recycled an old one BUT You can find some pretty neat ones on Amazon.)
- Heat or boil your water.
- In a heat proof dish, add in baking soda. (this helps deodorize the room by pulling the stink out ^_^)
- Poor hot water over the baking soda and stir until it’s all dissolved. (if by chance there is some baking soda left at the bottom refusing to dissolve, you will have to strain it out with cheesecloth and discard. Otherwise it will clog your spray nozzle.)
- Mix in your choice of essential oils. (I like my spray to be pretty strong so I add about a tbs but it’s up to you how strong you’d like your scent to be.)
- With a funnel, poor the mixture into your spray bottle.
*TIP* Because we’re mixing oil and water, you should shake well before spraying. Mine has never separated but most of the time they do.
This works wonders for all over the house deodorizing but also works well in the bathroom for “poop spray”. ^_^
Have you mixed up your own room sprays? What is your favorite recipe or blend of scents? I’d love for you to share with me in the comments below! ❤