I’ve always had a love for making my own candles. I used to make herbal candles for my friends all the time. I do still make big candles from scratch but when I’m in a rush or want a few quick scented candles around the house, – this is the fastest & easiest way to do it.
- an old pan
- plain ol’ tealight candles in a metal container (not the plastic ones) These Beeswax ones would be the healthiest choice.
- essential oils of choice (& a dropper)
- Using an old pan, heat on the stove on low heat. (*Please be careful not to burn yourself)
- Place the candles on the pan and allow to melt. (it’s easier to keep the wicks under control if you don’t allow the wax to melt all the way through.) (You may need a toothpick to prop them back up)
- Once the wax has melted, turn off the heat and add in as many drops of your favorite essential or fragrance oils as you’d like. (I added 10 drops of Coconut & 10 drops of Nag Champa to these ones. They smell heavenly)
- Keep an eye on the wicks while the pan is cooling. Once they begin to set you can put them in the fridge to speed the cooling process. (be sure to place them on an heat mat.)
TAH-DAH! Simple & effective scented tealight candles! ❤ I will write a post about making other candles as well. ❤
What are your favorite candle scents? ❤