This is an adult variation of the Herbal Baby Bedtime Bath Blend. It’s soothing for the mind & body. The main difference is there are more epsom salts added to the adult version. The salts mixed with the baking soda help to detoxify and cleanse the body, while the calendula & oatmeal is healing and soothing for the skin. Lavender helps calm and relax us, & helps to make us sleepy and eases stress.
What You’ll Need:
- Chamomile Flowers
- Lavender Buds
- Calendula Flowers
- Organic Ground Oatmeal (You can grind the oats up if you’d like)
- Epsom Salts
- Baking Soda
- Lavender Oil
I mix mine straight in a big jar but if you prefer a mixing bowl and to funnel contents into jars later, that’s okay too. ^_^
- 1 Part Epsom Salts to 1 part Oatmeal. This will act as the base for the blend.
- 2-4 tsp of baking soda
- Depending on your preferences, add in as much or as little as you’d like of Chamomile, Calendula & Lavender Flowers. (I put 2 tbs or so of each to a mason jar)
- Add in 5-10 drops of lavender oil & shake, shake, shake all of the ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Keep stored in an airtight jar.
Scoop some into an organza bag and toss the whole thing into the tub! The reason I like to use organza bags for this blend is because the oatmeal makes the tub very slippery. *So be careful!*
Happy Bathing! ~ ❤
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs & Starwest Botanicals for all of your herbal healing needs! You can purchase any extra supplies over at Amazon.ca. Images Edited using PicMonkey. Some of the links here are affiliate sites. & Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.