As part of World Breastfeeding Week:
Before I get started, I want to point out that while breastfeeding is recommended best for baby & mama, it’s just not possible for some mamas. Luckily there are many options for those that aren’t able to breastfeed as well.
Benefits of Breastfeeding:
- Breast milk is free
- Your breasts are always sterile
- It’s available on demand.
- It’s always the right temperature
- It’s much less work than making formula, sterilizing bottles and nipples etc.
- It’s environmentally friendly. Less waste from all those formula cans / bottles etc.
- Breastmilk changes automatically to meet your baby’s nutritional needs.
- It’s easier for baby’s developing tummy to digest than formula
- Breastfeeding controls postpartum bleeding
- Slows the return of your menstrual cycle & provides a period of natural infertility.
- Helps healthily lose pregnancy weight.
- Protects against breast uterine and ovarian cancers
- Prevents brittle bones later in life
- Protects baby from many illnesses infections, and allergies. (Decreased risk of ear, chest, & stomach infections)
- Decreases risk of SIDS
- Prevents diarrhea
- Promotes proper jaw and tooth development
- Promotes healthy brain development
- Creates healthy eating habits
- Creates a close relationship and bond between you and your baby
I’m sure there are a million more benefits.
Do you have anything to add to this list? Share with me in the comments below! ❤