Recipe generously shared with us from Katrina Spain.
These cookies are absolutely delicious! They help increase milk supply for the breastfeeding mama & are super easy to make! (No baking required!)
NOTE: Updated post link at the bottom of this post.
Join the Dairy Queens group on Facebook for all sorts of amazing breastfeeding support!
A note from Katrina about these awesome cookies:
These no-bake cookies increased my supply SO MUCH! I was engorged! They can be dairy free if you use non dairy milk for those of you with allergies or preferences.
1/2 cup of milk of choice (Regular, Coconut, Almond, Soy, Etc.)
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 cups sugar (Raw, cane would be the healthiest choice)
1/4 cup of raw cacao or cocoa powder
3 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
Large pinch of salt
(Some people like to add in flax seeds brewer’s yeast or fenugreek for extra boosting properties.)
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring the sugar, milk, coconut oil and cocoa to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the oats, peanut butter, vanilla and salt, and stir to combine.
- Spoon onto parchment and let cool at room temperature for 30mins
You can also spoon into a baking mold. I tried some in a silicone cupcake tray:
After eating just a couple of these, I was able to pump 2oz more than usual! Thank you Katrina!
Mine certainly don’t look as good as hers, (I keep mine in the freezer.) but they are so yummy!
Katrina added a revised version to her delicious recipe, I have yet to try it but most certainly plan on trying it soon!
New and improved *healthier* no-bake lactation cookies! Even more supply boosting than before
- 1/2 cup of milk of choice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 heaping cup of raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 3 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 heaping cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Large pinch of salt
- Optional: 3tbsp chia seeds
- -Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring the sugar, milk, coconut oil, and cacao to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla and salt, stir to combine.
- Add flax and chia seeds, stir, then add oatmeal
- Spoon dollops of batter onto parchment and let them cool in the refrigerator for 30mins
I had some questions and even complaints on the difference from my images, to Katrina’s images & how the cookies turned out. I didn’t have quite enough oats when I made mine so I had to throw them into the freezer for them to harden up. I’ve posted what I used for mine in the images in a revised version here. I’m sorry about any confusion.
If you have any breastfeeding related recipes you’d like to share with the blog, please let me know in the comments below or email me directly at email@example.com ❤