This all natural baby bum spray is super quick and easy to make but it very effective! It helps in those times of (too much information ahead – be warned.) sticky tar poop that takes 10 minutes to clean up! ^_^ A couple of sprays of this helps speed up the clean up and it’s base is soothing Calendula so it helps to heal up any diaper rashes or irritation, too. 🙂
What you need:
- Distilled and boiled water (the amount will depend on the size of the bottle you are using)
- Calendula Petals (I didn’t measure, I just grabbed a scoop full.)
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap. (I used Organic Baby-Mild) (CAN | US)
- Vitamin e
- Chamomile flowers
- A spray bottle
- Boiled water
- Heat proof bowl
- Fine mesh strainer
- Put some Calendula petals in a heat proof dish and pour boiled distilled water. (while it’s still hot) to make a Calendula tea. Leave to cool.
- Once cooled, strain out the petals, keeping the liquid. I rested my strainer on top of the funnel and poured straight into the bottle.
- I measured out 1 tbsp of Dr. Bronner’s soap and poured that into the bottle & then shook gently to mix together. 🙂
Spray a couple of sprays on baby’s bottom. This can be used to help clean up or help clear up rashes. Be sure to wipe off with a clean cool cloth or wipe. Also check out our baby bum cream for more rash healing help! 🙂
Because this doesn’t have a preservative, it won’t keep for long so it’s best if you can store it in a cool, dark place, like the fridge. It would be best in an amber coloured bottle as well. (Post about Preservatives & keep time)
You can purchase any extra supplies over at Amazon.ca or Amazon.com. Images Edited using PicMonkey & PSCS5. Some of the links here are affiliate sites, meaning if you make a purchase through one of my links, I earn a small commission. Thank you for supporting The Herbal Healing Mama. & Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.