This is a guest recipe & collaboration post with Elaine of Strictly Canadian. (I’ll share all of her links at the bottom of this post)
The UnTea to Heal Me
Every morning I would have a tea, just a regular Orange Pekoe with sugar, but all of the reports about how bad sugar can be for you, got me thinking… I wanted to find something that helped me feel good and also tasted great.
So I started experimenting… I wasn’t feeling good one day, and I knew that ginger was good for you, so I added a few slices with a fresh slice of lemon into a tea diffuser. Then I added coconut oil because I love adding it to my tea. Briar-Rose suggested adding a few petals of calendula for an extra boost of healing. I then added a tablespoon of honey to sweeten it. I had found the perfect combination for my UnTea.
What You Need:
- Coconut Oil
- Tea Ball (there’s a lot of fun options at MRH)
- Hot Water in your favourite Mug
Instructions to Prepare:
Start by slicing up your fresh ginger root as well as a slice of lemon. Elaine used 3 pieces of ginger root and one wedge of lemon.
Place into your tea ball or diffuser with a tsp of coconut oil and a pinch of calendula petals. Add a tbsp of honey to your cup.
Steep into hot water & enjoy!
I leave the tea-ball steeping in my mug while I drink it. When the water level gets low or the mixture gets to be a bit strong I just add some more hot water and continue to enjoy my brew. You could also steep to preferred taste, & remove. It could be used again so long as it’s within a certain amount of time. (Keeping in the refrigerator would help prolong the ingredients.)
This is now my morning ritual. I love how it smells like a warm hug and makes me feel healthy. It tastes just like a herbal tea. You will be amazed because it has no tea in it at all, that’s why I call it my UnTea.
Benefits of each ingredient
- Ginger: Powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, relieves nausea & morning sickness, appears to reduce muscle & joint pain or stiffness, treats indigestion, reduces menstrual pain, lowers cholesterol & blood sugar levels, improves brain function, fights infections. Read more: 11 Proven Health Benefits of Ginger
- Lemon: antibacterial properties, strengthen your immune system, controls high blood pressure, dizziness, and nausea, reduces mental stress and depression, can treat rheumatism and arthritis. It helps to flush out bacteria and toxins from the body. assists in relieving respiratory problems and breathing problems, antiseptic and coagulant properties, so it can stop internal bleeding. can treat a person who is suffering from a cold, flu or fever. helps to cure problems related to indigestion and constipation. Health Benefits Of Lemon
- Coconut Oil: Immune System Boost (antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral) Reduces Inflammation and Arthritis, Improves Memory and Brain Function, Improves Energy and Endurance, Improves Digestion, Reduces Stomach Ulcers & Ulcerative Colitis, Proven Alzheimer’s Disease Natural Treatment, Reduces Symptoms of Gallbladder Disease & Pancreatitis, Prevents Osteoporosis, Prevents Heart Disease and High Blood Pressure. & so much more —> 20 Coconut Oil Benefits
- Honey: Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-fungal, Cough suppressant, improves memory, alleviates allergies, is an excellent source of all-natural energy, Reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders, 10 Health Benefits of Honey
- Calendula: Anti-Inflammatory, Antiviral, Helps with fever, cramps, stomach-ache, flu and colds. Helps detoxify the body, Regulates the menstrual cycle, Stimulates blood circulation
As with all ingredients, please do your own research to view side effects & avoid allergies.
Instead of using fresh lemon, you can pre-cut the lemon and freeze the slices, just be sure to remove the rind before freezing, otherwise that’s all you’ll taste.
You can also pre-make & freeze the mixture into ice cubes to add to some water or iced tea for an extra boost of flavor in the future.
You could also make a jug of this to keep in the fridge. It tastes good cold as well.
Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe with us, Elaine. Readers: If you have a recipe or remedy you’d like to share on The Herbal Healing Mama please let me know! ❤
Find Elaine / Strictly Canadian around the web:
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for supporting The Herbal Healing Mama.
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs for all of your herbal healing needs!
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.