This all natural baby bum spray is super quick and easy to make but it very effective! It helps in those times of (too much information ahead – be warned.) sticky tar poop that takes 10 minutes to clean up! ^_^ A couple of sprays of this helps speed up the clean up and it’s base is soothing Calendula so it helps to heal up any diaper rashes or irritation, too.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Distilled and boiled water (the amount will depend on the size of the bottle you are using)
- Calendula Petals (I didn’t measure, I just grabbed a scoop full.)
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap. (I used Organic Baby-Mild) (CAN | US)
- A spray bottle
- Boiled water
- Heat proof bowl
- Fine mesh strainer
- Put some Calendula petals in a heat proof dish and pour boiled distilled water. (while it’s still hot) to make a Calendula tea. Leave to cool.
- Once cooled, strain out the petals, keeping the liquid. I rested my strainer on top of the funnel and poured straight into the bottle.
- I measured out 1 tbsp of Dr. Bronner’s soap and poured that into the bottle & then shook gently to mix together.
Spray a couple of sprays on baby’s bottom. This can be used to help clean up or help clear up rashes. Be sure to wipe off with a clean cool cloth or wipe. Also check out our baby bum cream for more rash healing help!
Because this doesn’t have a preservative, it won’t keep for long so it’s best if you can store it in a cool, dark place, like the fridge. It would be best in an amber coloured bottle as well. (Post about Preservatives & keep time)
Mountain Rose Herbs also offers a ton of wonderful and natural baby products pre-made, so you don’t have to.
You can purchase any extra supplies over at Amazon.ca or Amazon.com. Images Edited using PicMonkey & PSCS5. Some of the links here are affiliate sites, meaning if you make a purchase through one of my links, I earn a small commission. Thank you for supporting The Herbal Healing Mama. & Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.