Earthy Orajel. For tooth pain, gum pain, teething babies, & loose teeth.
I know all about how disturbing tooth pain can be, so I decided to list something that I’ve used for ages.
Clove is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, reduces swelling & numbs pain.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Coconut Oil – which is also anti-fungal, anti-bacterial (or your choice of carrier oil) You could also use Fractionated Coconut oil if you’d like to keep this as a liquid oil (easier to apply)
- Clove Oil (Clove Bud oil) Analgesic, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antiseptic, antiviral, This oil is usually associated with dental preparations due to its analgesic properties. Clove also has a long history in Chinese medicine. – Mountain Rose Herbs
Depending on batch size you’re making will depend on how much of each you will need. Choose your container, or containers you will store it in, and go from there.
Typically you will need 5 or so drops of clove oil to about 4 teaspoons of coconut oil. (or your choice of carrier oil) (also dependent on how concentrated your oil is.) I like to use Mountain Rose Herbs or dōTERRA’s clove bud oil. Very little is needed to get the job done.
Use a double boiler (A mason jar works well for this, fill a pan half way with water and place the mason jar into the water – don’t let the water get into the jar) (I use a melting pot instead)
- Turn the heat medium / low.
- Put your coconut oil into the jar & allow for it to melt thoroughly. Stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add clove oils
Test the mixture to make sure its not too strong. *Always test on yourself before using on children or babies & dilute further with more carrier oil.
Store in airtight container.
To use: easiest to apply precisely with a q-tip. dip into oil and apply directly to painful gums / teeth. Try to only put it in needed place as it is very
Remember, coconut oil is solid at room temperature, you can either use it as it is or warm it up a bit by running warm water on the container.
You can also further dilute the mixture and use it as a toothpaste for sensitive gums. You could also mix it into our Fluoride Free Toothpaste.
Or, if you don’t feel like making this, you can purchase it from my shop HERE
There are 2 versions listed, one for adults, one for children.
Please remember, my advice should not be replaced by your medical practitioner. I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs for all of your herbal healing needs!
Images Edited using PicMonkey. Some of the links here are affiliate sites. & Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.