I put up a post earlier about my yummy Pumpkin Spice Sugar discovery, and then I got to thinking… What about a Pumpkin Spice Creamer!?! This way, you wont have any of the possible leftover spice bits at the bottom of your cup like you do when you put the spice directly into the sugar.
You don’t have to use coconut milk or cream for this, it’s just what I prefer. You can make this with your favourite milk or cream.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 cup Coconut Milk or Cream (Or any milk or creamer you prefer) (Amounts depend on container size you will be storing this in)
- 4 tsp Pumpkin Spice (or however pumpkin-y you’d like this to be, really.)
- a pan on the stove
- a strainer or cheesecloth
- an airtight jar or container
- Add your milk or cream to a pan and put it on the stove on low-medium heat (Don’t boil!)
- Once heated thoroughly, add in your tsps of pumpkin spice. (Be prepared for your kitchen to smell like you’re baking a pumpkin pie!)
- Stir, stir, stir. Allow everything to infuse together. I kept mine on the heat stirring nearly constantly for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat once everything is combined and allow to cool. (20-30 mins – this way the mixture has a little longer to fully infuse)
- Using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth, strain out any excess spices that may have sunk to the bottom of the pan. Reserving the mixture into your airtight container. (I put a strainer over a funnel, into my jar)
- Keep it in the fridge and go by the expiry date that was on the carton of milk or cream that you used.
This makes for a great little treat if you’re having a fall inspired get together or dinner party. (Or just for your morning coffee or tea)
What are your favorite fall or pumpkin flavored treats?
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs for all of your herbal healing needs! You can purchase any extra supplies over at Amazon.ca.
Images Edited using PicMonkey. Some of the links here are affiliate sites. & Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.