his simple lip scrub recipe is nourishing to your lips & can add a nice lip tint as well if you choose to add in a natural colorant. Lots of store bought products contain harmful chemicals & why would we want to put that on our skin and so close to our mouths? :/
What You’ll Need:
- Organic Cane Sugar
- Coconut Oil
- Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Natural Colorant from India Tree (optional)
- Scent of Choice. (optional) I used Peppermint You can find a huge list of amazing essential oils at Mountain Rose Herbs or Starwest Botanicals.
- Melting pot, pan on the stove or double boiler
- mixing bowl & spoon
- Airtight container(s) for your finished product.
For a 2 oz container I used:
- 4 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs of coconut oil (or half and half with one of the butters)
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 drops of peppermint oil
- 3 drops of red colorant
Start by melting your coconut oil & butters. You can do this with a double boiler, meting pot, a pan, etc.
Remove from heat and add in your honey, colour & scent. (if using)
With your sugar in a mixing bowl, slowly and evenly pour the melted mixture over your sugar, stirring until everything is consistently mixed.
Sometimes it’s easiest to add more sugar afterwards until you’re happy with the consistency.
Spoon into your containers, add a label if you so choose & enjoy!
Here is a FREE printable if you’re using similar containers and would like to use a similar label:
See the post on creating labels to put the labels into a collage for easier printing.
Happy Exfoliating! ~ <3
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs & Starwest Botanicals for all of your herbal healing needs! You can purchase any extra supplies over at Amazon.ca. Images Edited using PicMonkey. Some of the links here are affiliate sites. & Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.