Coconut Oil is so amazing for our skin, one problem is, it’s a little difficult to scrape out of the jar. Well, here is a simple solution so you can enjoy the nourishing benefits of coconut oil – anytime.
This recipe can be customized to fit any preference. Essential oils can be added for different scent options, & other nourishing oils and butters can be added as well. Some amazing options would be Vitamin E Oil, Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter.
This is a pretty basic recipe with only 3 ingredients!
What You’ll Need:
- Coconut Oil
- Essential Oils of choice. – Mountain Rose Herbs & Starwest Botanicals has a wide selection of premium essential oils. ( I used Coconut Scent.)
- Calendula Infused oil. (Infusing your own oils) ( You could swap this out for Sweet Almond Oil, or any other oil you prefer.)
I added 1/2 cup of coconut oil, 1 tbs of calendula infused oil and 4 drops of coconut scent.
Tools You’ll Need:
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer (Or better yet, a stand mixer)
- Airtight container of choice
1. Scoop your coconut oil into your mixing bowl and add in any extra ingredients. (I added calendula infused oil & essential oils)
— I did this straight from the jar. While the coconut oil was solid, I think it would have turned out fluffier if I had of refrigerated it first. Some people like to melt everything together first, refrigerate it overnight and then mix it in the morning. (I’ll definitely try this next time)
2. Turn your mixer on high and beat for about 5 minutes, or until everything is as fluffy as you’d like it.
— You may have to scoop it all to one side to get it all evenly if you aren’t making a big batch.
3. Once you’re happy with the consistency, carefully scoop it into your jar(s).
VOILA! ~ Simple yet amazing body butter!
If the done butter gets too warm it will melt back into an oil state BUT if it’s kept too cold, it may become a little hard. It’s best to keep it somewhere cool and not in direct sunlight.
This was my very first attempt at a body butter. I don’t think it turned out too bad. It definitely could have been worse. ^_^ I just wish it were a little fluffier, so that’s something I will work on next time around.
Here are some pinnable images – I would love for you to share! <3
Happy Creating! ~ <3
Have you made your own all natural body butter before?
What are your favorite body butter ingredients or scent options?
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs & Starwest Botanicals for all of your herbal healing needs! You can purchase any extra supplies over at Amazon.ca. Images Edited using PicMonkey. Some of the links here are affiliate sites. & Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.
Now Available On My Etsy!