I love honey and apple butter! So, I decided to combine the two to form this delicious bread!
The weather was a little cooler here in Michigan and inspired me to make this, honey apple butter bread with cinnamon glaze. Plus, I needed to use up some apple butter. I also, bought a large jar of honey and thought the two would be good together. I was right, they are! This bread is full of apple butter flavor and sweet honey. This bread will remind you of the fall season.
I just sliced a piece to have with my tea. I just might have another while I type this post. This honey apple butter bread looks great without the glaze and smells so good!
Now, let’s play dress up! Time for the glaze. Yep! Looks even better now!
I was able to to get two loaves from this recipe. I used slightly smaller loaf pan sizes. The pans I used, measured 8 x 4.25 inches. They baked for 47 minutes at 350 degrees. I sprayed non-stick cooking spray in the pans and floured them, to prevent sticking. You could use a standard loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
If you enjoy drinking a glass of apple cider, then you’ll enjoy this honey apple bread with cinnamon glaze. Actually, this would be perfect to pair with some hot apple cider. Wishing I had a hot mug of apple cider right now! Ooh, fresh apple cider donuts sound good! Ok, getting hungry again. Focus!
Get out the mixing bowl and whip up a batch of this bread. The house will smell like cinnamon and apples. That’s a pretty good combination. It did smell good in our house, when this was baking. We ate half a loaf and sent the rest to work with my husband.
Go bake up some memories with your family!
Honey Apple Butter Bread with Cinnamon Glaze
Honey and apple butter combine to make this tasty bread. Then a cinnamon glaze is drizzled on top.
Honey apple butter bread
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup buttermilk (sour milk can be used- just add 1 Tablespoon vinegar to measuring cup and then add the milk to measure 3/4 cup)
1 egg yolk
1 cup apple butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 1/2 Tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour your loaf pan or pans.
- In large mixing bowl mix the oil, honey, brown sugar, buttermilk, egg, egg yolk, apple butter, and vanilla. Mix together well.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and flour. Mix well and don’t over mix.
- Pour batter into pan or pans. If using a standard loaf pan, bake for 60 minutes. Or until toothpick comes out clean. If using two slightly smaller loaf pans bake for 45- 47 minutes, or
- until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool until you can handle the pan. Remove bread from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. You want the glaze to be a little on the thicker side. If the glaze is too runny, add a little more powdered sugar. If it’s too thick, add a little more milk. Drizzle over fully cooled bread.
Tip: Place bread on wire rack over a cookie sheet to drizzle glaze. This helps to keep glaze from getting all over the counter.