This recipe has made my skin feel amazing! So many benefits packed into one little jar! ^_^ Not only does this scrub nourish your face (or body) with moisture, it helps to heal up any dry skin issues, redness and acne too!
There are so many variations of different face and body scrubs, which I will be sure to share more recipes, but in the meantime – This is definitely one of my favourites!
For this recipe you will need
- Mixing bowl or mason jar
- 2oz jar or container (you can purchase great ones HERE)
- 2 or 3 tbs of brown sugar (raw is my favourite)
- 1tbs Coconut Oil
- a few drops of lemon (or Lemon Oil) (because citrus blends are phototoxic it is recommended to use this scrub in the evening or before bed, when you won’t be exposed to the sun.)
- 2 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- 2 drops of Lavender Oil
I made this recipe to fit in a 2oz jar, you can take away or add ingredients to fit into whatever container you will be storing this in.
1. Add your sugar first to your mixing bowl. (I of course went straight to the container and made a mess trying to keep it contained)
2. Add in your spoonful of honey.
3. Next add in your Coconut Oil (I ended up doing this the hard way. It would make much more sense to melt the coconut oil before you add it to the scrub.)
4. Add in your lemon, Lavender & Tea Tree Oils
5. Now if you were smart and melted your coconut oil ahead of time, you can ignore this step. If you pulled a move like me, then carry on to this step to combine all of the ingredients.
Using a double boiler method, put a wee bit of water in a small pan. (not enough to seep into the jar) Place the jar in the pan and on low heat allow the mixture to melt together. Stirring constantly. (I know some people say to do this in the microwave for a few seconds, while I agree that would be faster, I just don’t think it’s healthy.)
Once your ingredients are combined & put in your container you are ready to make your skin silky smooth! ^_^
Directions for use
- Splash your face with warm water.
- Scoop a chunk of the scrub into your hand. With warm water mush it into your hand creating a consistent paste.
- Massage gently onto your face (or body) in a circular motion. (You can also use this as an amazing lip scrub)
- Leave the mixture on your face for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Steam your face with a warm facecloth.
TA-DAH! Skin that feels nourished & refreshed!
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs for all of your herbal healing needs!
Do you make your own all natural scrubs or facials? What do you use for yours?
Thanks for the visit & Happy Healing!