With Father’s Day fast approaching I wanted to create something unique and all natural for all the dads and dad friends we have in our life. Something that my 9 year old son could help with, so something not too difficult to make.
We went hunting on the net for some all natural gift giving ideas for men & came up with our own special recipe after taking in some inspiration from all the lovely ideas we found.
The recipe we used was quite enormous because of the amount of dad’s we wanted to give gifts to, but I will put a basic one bottle recipe down here.
We actually found these bottles at our local Dollarama in a travel pack of bottles and things. They came with 2 in each case for $1 !!
What You’ll Need:
- Your choice of Carrier Oil (Sweet Almond, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, etc Or a mix and match of whatever you prefer) This will be your base, so measure out how much you will need to *nearly* fill whatever size container you are using. We had 80ml containers so we used about 50ml or so. (You can top up later if you need to)
- 1 or 2 tsp of Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Shea Butter or Jojoba Oil (optional – this will just add an extra boost of moisturizing nourishment)
- 1tsp Grape Seed Oil (Optional)
- 1tsp Vitamin E Oil (Optional – this will help preserve the oil longer as well as add some more healing properties)
- Melting Pot / Double Boiler
- Measuring Cups or spoons, a funnel, a mixing stick.
- Containers of choice. (Either a pour spout, roll on, or one with a dropper.)
- Essential Oils – mix and match your favorites to add a manly scent.
Essential Oil Blend we used:
- Patchouli – 5 drops
- Sage – 5 drops
- Tea Tree Oil– just 2 drops or so, this is such a strong scent, it’s mainly used here for healing purposes.
- Frankincense – 3 drops
- Spicy Herb – 5 drops
- Cinnamon – 3 drops
I use a melting pot to combine ingredients, but you can also use a double boiler. (Place mason jar full of ingredients into a pan partially filled with water *being careful not to get water into your mixture* turn stove on low heat an stir until combined)
Measure out and add all oils except essential oils.
Stir ingredients together until everything has melted and combined.
Once your ingredients have melted together, Remove from heat & add your choice of essential oils. Stir them in well.
Let the mixture cool before filling your container. I used a funnel to easily fill the jars without making a mess.
TAH-DAH! Handmade All Natural Beard Oil for Dad
I designed some labels on Picmonkey that you are welcome to print out and use. (For your own personal use, no commercial use please) I printed out the collage of them on half a sheet of 8.5 x11 paper. You may have to play around with different sizes to find one that fits your bottle or jar just right!
Click the image & then right click and hit ‘save as’ to save a copy to your computer.
Happy Crafting! What all natural items did you make Dad for father’s day?
Doterra has an awesome post: 5 Father’s Day Gift Ideas, Using Essential Oils be sure to check it out!
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs for all of your herbal healing needs!