I’m still working on an updated version of our original Fluoride Free Toothpaste. I really want to try out the activated charcoal method that everyone is raving about, but in the meantime, this neat little recipe has been helping me with tooth sensitivity and stains. It’s giving me an overall cleaner feeling, my teeth feel smooth and my mouth feels fresh.
In a way it’s similar to our Herbal Oil Pulling Method but instead of the pulling, it’s brushing. Plus I added a few bonus ingredients for sensitivity and freshness.
What You’ll Need:
(I used a 180ml container)
- 1 part Calendula Infused Oil (Infusing Your Own Oils)
- 1 part Coconut Oil (equal parts of both, I used about 5 tsp each)
- 5-10 drops of Peppermint Oil (optional- for fresh breath)
- 1-2 drops of Clove Bud Oil (optional – for tooth sensitivity)
- Squeeze container of sorts
Using either Fractionated Coconut oil or melted Unrefined Coconut Oil, mix together with Calendula infused oil. Drop in Peppermint and Clove Bud Oils, stir well and using a funnel, poor into your container.
I have used this on it’s own, and also switch between first putting this on my toothbrush and sprinkling some baking soda on top for extra stain pulling power.
What are your favorite all natural methods of brushing your teeth? I’d love for you to share with me in the comments below.