Vinegar is the perfect all natural – all in one – disinfectant cleaner. It’s perfect for so many surfaces and dries streak free so there is no need for a ton of different cleaners. There are no harsh chemicals to worry about for you or your family. PLUS – it’s much less expensive than your typical cleaning products. Vinegar is just as effective at killing harmful bacteria and viruses as bleach.
What you’ll need:
- Equal parts Distilled White Vinegar & Distilled Water
- 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil blend. (Tea Tree Oil has antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-fungal properties and Lemon is also antiseptic, anti-fungal, and antiviral. Both of these oils work well to disinfect.)
I recycled an old spray bottle for this project BUT you can purchase all kinds of different ones from Amazon.
What this is good for:
- All around disinfectant
- Cleaning stained or sticky counter tops, tiles, and appliances.
- Streak free interior or exterior windows.
- De-stinks and kills bacteria in recycle bins, green bins and garbage cans.
- Deodorizes stinky shoes.
- Acts as a room / carpet / surface deodorizer.
- Clean stains or stick on walls and floors
- Acts as a Goo-Remover (especially with lemon oil mixed in)
- Removes soap scum and mildew on tiles in the bathroom, shower, shower curtain, tub and sink.
- Removes soil or stains on clothing, carpets or shoes.
- Helps clear out musty washing machines, dishwashers or humidifiers.
- Provides a streak free shine to mirrors, glass, chrome and stainless steel.
- Cuts through grease on the oven or other appliances.
- Removes mineral and lime buildups from kettles and coffee pots. (Run a mix of vinegar and water through the kettle or coffee pot to safely clean it out. Rinse thoroughly by running plain water through until there is no longer a vinegar smell. You will notice how much more fresh your next coffee / tea tastes. )
- Removes lime and mineral buildup on shower heads and drains. (Fill a plastic bag with vinegar mix and using an elastic band, secure it to the faucet or shower head. leave on overnight.)
- Removes old coffee stains on tea cups.
- Removes stuck on wax.
- Removing permanent marker accidents.
- Disinfects cutting boards
- As a fabric freshener / softener by adding 1/2 cup into your wash.
- Washing off patio furniture, siding, tables etc.
- Baseboards, crown molding etc.
- As a mopping mixture.
AND A MILLION OTHER THINGS I’M SURE! 😉
To use (standard cleaning):
Spray generously and allow to sit for a few minutes. The longer you let it soak, the easier it is to remove grime. I like to use a rough sponge for tough areas.
I let our bathroom get a
little lotta scary to show you just what this cleaner can do! ^_^
(I’ll add in more before and after photos with follow-up posts – I’m working on a stubborn stain one now)
What are your favorite ways to clean the house all naturally? <3
Images Edited using PicMonkey. Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.