Rebeccah from Elements Of Eternity Hand Crafted soaps, bath bombs and candles, has generously offered to share her recipe for Pipable Bubble Frosting with us!
This natural bubble frosting can be used to frost bath truffles or bath bomb cupcakes! Any bath bomb recipe will work for the cupcake bottoms. You just put the mix into a cupcake tray instead of forming into balls.
This recipe is SLSa FREE! It’s amazingly easy and dries hard within about 24 hours, the frosting melts and fizzes in the bath and creates a luscious creamy bubble bath.
Thanks so much for sharing, Rebeccah!
Rebeccah is a cancer survivor! (Way to go Warrior Woman!) It’s very important to her that she only uses the most natural and organic ingredients in her bath and body product recipes. You should definitely take a look at her Facebook page for more of her lovely products!
RECIPE FOR PIPABLE BUBBLE FROSTING:
- 3 cups Baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup Citric Acid
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup dead sea salt (optional, or you can add any fine grain bath salt you want)
- 2 tablespoons of cream of Tartar
- 1/2 cup dry milk (optional can be replaced with half cup of more corn starch)
- Essential oil of your choice.
- 1 cup oils of your choice. Rebeccah uses -85% Hard oils, (such as coconut oil, shea or cocoa butter) -15% light.( such as grapeseed, jojoba or olive.) (Always remember to melt down your oils to a liquid state. The warmer the oils the more pliable your dry mix will be.)
- 3 egg whites (we’ve had lots of ppl ask if this can be substituted with meringue powder. Rebeccah says yes, it can!)
- 1 tbsp of Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 cup liquid vegetable glycerine (or any liquid body soap or bubble bath this can also be replaced with yucky slsa).
(video directions are below as well)
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Add your liquid glycerine (or liquid soap) and beat in with the eggs. (You should still have soft peaks.)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add warm oils and mix. (Mixture should be mushy like play doh.)
- Add your egg white mixture A LITTLE AT A TIME. (you may not even need all of it), keep adding your liquid batter until you reach your desired pipable consistency.
- Place in a piping bag (the wider the piping tip the better)
- Start frosting your bath bombs, leaving space around the very edge. The frosting needs room to expand a tiny bit. (your frosting should never expand in large quantities if that happens throw in a little extra baking soda and re-stir the mixture, and try again.)
- Decorate frosted cupcakes as soon as you can because the frosting dries very quickly. (lavender buds etc)
Let your frosting bombs air dry for several hours. You can also bake them to speed up the process. To do this, place them in the oven at 170 for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let air dry again. Within 24 hours the frosting should be hard as a rock.
(Due to different humidity levels drying time varies, I always like to place my bath bombs or truffles in the oven overnight with just the oven light on and shut the door I find that the little bit of heat the light puts off dries my bombs and cupcakes hard.)
Here is a video of Rebeccah making the pipable bubble truffle frosting for bath bomb cupcakes.
A note from Rebeccah about this recipe:
It is very easy to add to much moisture and cause a major expansion of the dry ingredients. Keep some baking soda close by add a little more if it gets to wet and starts to expand.
It’s up to you to play around with it, make it your own ladies, don’t depend on anyone else’s recipes, the only way to truly learn is by trial and error.
I have been making these bath products for over 20 years, and honestly I can say I have never used anyone’s recipe, once you get the fundamental basics of whatever bath product you’re making the sky is the limit. Don’t be discouraged by others, trial and error and flaws are a beautiful thing in anything we do in life that’s how we learn.
My deceased great-grandmother taught me how to make soaps, bath bomb fizzies, lotions, ect. when I was a teen. She learned from her mom and so on. These recipes have been handed down for generations.
Find Elements Of Eternity Hand Crafted soaps,bath bombs and candles By Rebeccah around the web:
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs & Starwest Botanicals for all of your herbal healing needs! Harmonious Mind is also a great Canadian supplier of essential oils and other great things. You can purchase any extra supplies over at Amazon.ca or Amazon.com. Please see my disclaimer and affiliate disclosure. Thanks, friends!