I personally use my natural solid perfume or natural body mist. Not only can I not wear regular perfume, I don’t want the chemicals on my skin. This is a wonderful all natural alternative to those of you that also have sensitivities or feel the same way.
This simple recipe is completely customizable depending on your scent preferences and could be used to make beautiful gifts for friends & family.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 part Beeswax (Vegan Alternative)
- 1 part Shea Butter or Coconut Oil
- Essential Oil(s) of choice. Drops will depend on how much you are making at one time. ( and how strong you want it to smell) I’d say 10 drops to 50 ml. You can find a huge list of amazing essential oils at Mountain Rose Herbs or Starwest Botanicals.
- Melting pot or pan
- stir stick or spoon
- measuring cup or something to pour your mixture into container.
- Lockets, Tins, Lip Balm Sticks or Containers of choice.
Melt Beeswax first. (double boiler, melting pot, pan on stove – medium heat)
Add in coconut oil or shea butter (or both if you’d like) Stir until everything is combined.
Turn to low heat or remove from heat.
Finally add in essential oils.
Stir some more.
Remove from heat and pour into your lockets or containers. Sometimes pouring it into a measuring cup first is easiest to precisely pour into the small lockets. Try to do this somewhat quickly as the mixture will solidify quite quickly. (Though, don’t worry if it does, you can always scrape it back into your pan and re-melt the mixture.)
Rub on wrists, neck, chest and massage into skin. (alongside smelling wonderful, it’s also very nourishing to the skin)
HAPPY CRAFTING!! ~ <3
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs & Starwest Botanicals for all of your herbal healing needs! You can purchase any extra supplies over at Amazon.ca. Images Edited using PicMonkey. Some of the links here are affiliate sites. & Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.