Natural Tattoo Healing Balm is extremely effective during the healing process of your new tattoo. This will help speed the healing and protect your new tattoo from any infections etc. (If you take proper care)
This balm is loaded with anti inflammatory, antibacterial and analgesic properties making it perfect for new tattoos. Calendula also has natural restorative properties which helps to build strong skin cells and heal wounds. You can even use this on your healed tattoos to keep your skin nourished and the ink bright.
As you may or may not know, I have a few tattoos… ( )
I have always only used vitamin e oil to speed the healing process. Once I found out about the healing powers of calendula and started using that as well, I noticed my tattoos were healing much brighter.
The following recipe is for a 50ml jar. You can calculate the amount from this base recipe if you are making a bigger batch. Basic calculations would be 1 part beeswax to one part other ingredients. (depending how soft or firm you want the balm, you can take out or add more beeswax)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2tsp Calendula Infused Oil (You will need Calendula Flowers & Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Hemp Seed Oil)
- 2 tsp Vitamin E Oil
- 1 tsp Shea Butter (optional)
- 25 ml Coconut Oil
- 10 ml Beeswax (Vegan Alternative)
- Melt beeswax first. You can do this using a melting pot, double boiler or pan on the stove. (medium heat)
- remove from heat.
- While the mixture is still hot, add in coconut oil and shea butter.
- Next pour in vitamin e oil & calendula infused oils. Stir everything until it is combined evenly.
- Pour into your container & allow to cool before using.
It is recommended to keep the tattoo clean with unscented, natural soap. Keep it moist and don’t let it dry out. Apply this balm regularly to clean tattoos.