Michelle from Mom On The Moon has nominated The Herbal Healing Mama for a Liebster Award! – Thank You!❤
1. Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominations.
2. Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
3. No Tag backs.
4. Nominations must have under 200 followers on any platform.
5. You must tell all the blogs that you nominate that you have nominated them.
Here are my answers to the questions from Mommy on the Moon
1. Did you always see yourself as a blogger? If not, then what?
I’ve always dabbled in blogging but I never knew I would take such a serious go at it. When I was a child I always said I would love to be a writer but as I grew into an adult I didn’t think I had the capabilities. I always had the dream I would open up a little shop called “Briar-Rose’s Blessed Boutique” and sell all natural, handmade healing items. I guess in a way I am doing a part of that, but instead, I am sharing my recipes with whoever is interested in reading them. I have done so many different things in such a short time, (photographer/graphics & enhancements, jewelry designer, I even modeled for a while) none of which were really what I thought I was supposed to be doing. I think I’ve finally found my passion.
2. What was your favorite subject in school?
My favorite was art, music and English. Mostly because I was awful at everything else.
3. How long have you been blogging?
On and off for quite a few years but they were always just random personal blogs. I have just recently decided to take things seriously and I launched The Herbal Healing Mama in May 2014.
4. What’s your go-to meal when you’re in a rush?
Probably bagels or toasted tomato sandwiches. Mmmm.
5. What’s the background noise that helps you concentrate when writing a blog post? Music? Silence?
I find this changes for me. Sometimes (and most often) I need complete silence. Sometimes it’s too quiet and I turn on some quiet music or put a TV show on in the background.
6. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind? If not, why not?
This is an interesting question. ^_^ I currently have 3 cats but not entirely by choice. We adopted a kitten last year but recently my son showed up home with 2 more kittens. We are trying to re-home at least one before we get too attached. It’s a little chaotic with 3 cats running about, breaking everything & eating my plants.
7. What is your favorite holiday and why?
We celebrate things a little differently than the “norm” around here. We celebrate the solstices rather than the commercial holidays. This is a little difficult for me to answer because typically I’m not a fan of cold weather and my 2 regular answers would be Yule (Winter Solstice – Xmas) or Samhain (Halloween) BUT they are in chilly months, SO- I’d have to say Midsummer (Summer Solstice) because I love when I can spend most of my time outside in the warmth.
8. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
I wish I could say this was a simple task BUT it wasn’t. I had a few other ideas before settling on The Herbal Healing Mama but all were too similar to another blogger’s name. This was an extensive Google search. I wanted something to represent all natural remedies but nothing that would be confused with other bloggers. I finally landed on The Herbal Healing Mama & I’m glad I did. I have always been a massive collector of herbs and essential oils as well as making up herbal healing candles and other such things, so you think this would have come easier BUT all comes to us at the time it’s supposed to.
9. Do you have a favorite blog? If yes, what is it?
Ooooh, too many. I enjoy so many different blogs. A few of the really inspirational ones for me are:
The rest of my favorites can be found on my Favorites List page.
10. What is your remedy for writers block?
This can be very difficult for me, I have somewhat of a scatter brain. The easiest way I clear my mind is going to the beach, watching the sun go down. Coming home, having a nice hot bath with some candles and rejuvenating salts and starting fresh.
- Mommy Lives Clean
- Herbal Mama Happy Baby
- Latch The Babes
- Homemade Mommy
- The Hippy Homemaker
- Natural Mommas
- Wild Earth Apothecary
- A Blossoming Life
10 Questions for the Nominees
1. What got you started blogging?
2. From where do you draw your inspiration?
3. What’s a day in your life like?
4. What’s your favorite thing to blog about?
5. Where’s your favorite place to be? Doing what?
6. Have you experienced writers block? What do you do to overcome it?
7. What’s your most visited website or blog? Why?
8. What’s your favorite summertime drink?
9. Do you have any creative hobbies that you don’t blog about?
10. What is your decor style?
Thanks for participating & thank you again to Mommy on the Moon for the nomination.❤