I don’t know about you, but my hands get horribly dry in the colder months. They feel like the desert, they’re red and scaly and my eczema starts flaring up.
This natural balm is soothing and packed with healing, moisturizing ingredients. I’ve been using this mix for a couple of days, putting it on as often as I feel my skin start to dry back out & it’s already improved my skin drastically.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
(I just made enough for myself but if you want to gift this you can double / triple or so on, the recipe.)
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Calendula oil (infuse your own)
- 1 tsp Jojoba oil
- 1 tsp Aloe Vera
- 1 tsp Vitamin e
- 2 drops each – Lavender & Tea Tree oil (optional)(different links at bottom of post)
Optional: You can add in a hardening agent such as beeswax or even cocoa butter. I prefer to keep mine soft so it sinks into my skin faster. You can even keep it in the fridge in a sealed container to keep it in a solid state if it’s melting on its own. Applying it cool just doubles the soothing feeling.
- Melt coconut oil. You can do this in a pan designated for remedies. (That’s what I do) Or a double boiler etc. works too. If you’re doing this on the stove, keep it on low heat.
- Add in your other oils and stir well to mix.
- Remove from heat but while it’s still warm, add in aloe & vitamin e.
- Stir well, pour into your container. You can pop it right into the fridge to firm it back up.
What are your favourite oils to use for moisturizing?
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs & Starwest Botanicals for all of your herbal healing needs!
You can purchase any extra supplies over at Amazon.ca or Amazon.com. Images Edited using PicMonkey & PSCS5. Thank you for supporting The Herbal Healing Mama. & Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.